Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Affiliate Marketing Tips - One of the Biggest Mistakes You Can Make

I admire affiliate marketers. Even though I do quite a bit of affiliate marketing, I don't consider myself one simply because I create my own products and that's where most of my income comes from. But make no mistake about it, when it comes to affiliate marketing, I know my stuff. That's why it kills me when I see affiliate marketers making one of the biggest mistakes that they can make when it comes to affiliate marketing. This article is going to show you exactly what that mistake is and how to avoid it.

So just what is this huge mistake? Well, it's what I sometimes call the "follow the sheep" syndrome. What do I mean? Well, tell me if this doesn't sound familiar. Marketer X comes out with his hot new product. Now, this guy is one of the biggest names on the planet with a list the size of Texas. You know that when this product comes out, not only is a good portion of his list going to buy it, but an even bigger portion is going to promote it thinking that because it's all new and shiny, it's going to make them a lot of money.

Do you know what the problem with this thinking is? It's all in the numbers, and if you don't believe me, head on over to the Clickbank marketplace and take a look at the hottest products there and see how many affiliates are promoting them. They're in the hundreds. Heck, Day Job Killer, at one time, was over 1,000 affiliates promoting it. Now think about it. With all those people promoting this one product, how many sales do you think you're going to get out of this thing, especially if you're a beginning marketer?

The truth is, most beginning marketers make no sales or one or two at best. If they're thinking of earning a huge income promoting the hot product of the day, they have a long wait. The guys with the big lists are the ones who make the bulk of the sales.

Now, having said that, there are things you can do to get your share of the pie. The best thing to do is simply look for products where the competition isn't so tough. A product with a gravity of 30 or 40 is perfect to promote. You know it sells and yet there aren't hundreds of people promoting it. You'll make more sales from these products than from the hot product of the day. I'll bet my best mule on that one.

So please don't make the same mistake that many affiliate marketers make. There are better ways to break into affiliate marketing.

To YOUR Success,

Steven Wagenheim

Tired of being an affiliate failure? Want to turn yourself into an affiliate assassin like I am? Want to land in the top 20 of every affiliate promotion you tackle just like I do? Check out my site at http://www.stevewagenheim.com/affiliateassassin/index.html and start earning a solid income as an affiliate marketer.

No comments: